Here's my special recipe. Unless you have a food processor it takes 45min-1hr to make, but is worth it. If you haven't worked with Phyllo dough, you need to work quickly, since it dries out fast, and keep it covered when you're not using it. Let me know how you like it.
- 1 roll from a package of Athens Phyllo dough (defrosted)
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1½ cups finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 ½ cups cooked Chicken, cubed
- 2 cups Imagine Organic No-Chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 tablespoon corn meal
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 3 9” pie pans for larger dinner size pot pies.
In a skillet, saute’ the green pepper, celery, and onion, in a small amount No-Chicken broth. Add the chicken, chicken broth, cooked potatoes, corn meal, and corn. Stir well. Heat and stir until the gravy thickens. Open the Athens Phyllo dough and cover the bottoms of the pie tins (3 full sheets). Quickly divide mixture among the prepared pie pans. Top with the Athens Phyllo dough (Approximately 4 full sheets). Fold excess up and over for crunchier top crust and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Enjoy.
Michael Teitelbaum, DMD, FAGD, V.Pres ESACD